The buying and selling process
The Process To Buy and Sell Central Florida Real Estate
For those buying a home
Buying a home with the experts at Focus Realty Group, KW Lakeland, can be a breeze, but we also understand that it can be a little overwhelming at times. Here is a short list to help describe and navigate the home buying process for you.
- What do you need in your new home? Make a priority list of your wants and needs.
- Obtain a pre-approval so you know how much home you can afford to purchase. No need to look at homes that you can't buy, right?
- Start searching for your hew home! Here are some buying tools:
- See available homes. Jared and the team at Focus Realty Group, KW Lakeland, will make all of the showing arrangements for you, so sit back and enjoy seeing some beautiful homes with us!
- Make an offer on the home of your dreams, and we will help you every step of the way. (Remember to submit your pre-approval letter with your offer).
- Approve the purchase agreement, hurray! (This means that you and the sellers have agreed to pricing and terms and are moving forward with the purchase of your new home).
- If you haven't already done so, send the lender all of the required documents to obtain a loan approval.
- Order your home inspection. Email the inspector to request a home inspection this now. This is usually $300-500 or so, depending on the inspections requested.
- Other inspections may include termite and septic systems. These are often paid separately.
- Order your new home appraisal from your lender. This is usually $350-500 or so.
- While the inspections and appraisals are happening the title company will be working in the background to ensure that the title on the home you wish to purchase is "clear".
- Obtain a full, unconditional approval from the lender.
- Receive the "clear to close". This means that the loan package can go to the title company and closing can be scheduled with confidence.
- Sign your closing documents at the title company which will include all of the necessary loan documents and legal forms to transfer the property into your name. Sometimes the buyer and or seller will sign the documents remotely - a mail away closing.
- Your mortgage loan is funded and you get to move into your new home. Well done!
For those selling a house
Getting our sellers the highest possible price in the least possible amount of time is the goal for Jared and the experts at Focus Realty Group, KW Lakeland. Selling a house can be exhausting so here are some steps to help you prepare for what it to come - we will be with you every step of the way, from day one to closing day.
- Meet with a Realtor expert from our team to plan the successful sale of your house.
- Determine what repairs or updates may need to be done to prepare the house to "hit the market".
- Decide a sales price based on current sales of similar homes, and approve all listing agreement documents. (Request a home value report now).
- Plan a Brokers Open and Public Open House.
- Schedule professional pictures when all updates have been completed.
- Install the yard sign and lock box for easy recognition and access.
- Let potentials buyer request and complete showings at the house.
- Negotiate price and terms when offers are received.
- Once a contract is approved, help the buyers gain access when needed for inspections and appraisals.
- It is often at this point that sellers also become buyers and start following the step outlined above to close on their new home.
- Receive a repair request from the buyers and / or the buyers' mortgage lender and agree upon the repairs that will be completed ready for closing.
- Sign the closing documents at the title company and collect your sales proceeds - hurray!
This is not the "end all" of the buying and selling process by any means, but these lists should give you a pretty good idea about what is in store. Call or text Jared at 863-640-2246 now to start the process, or contact us online today.