By Jared Weggeland
Focus Realty Group, KW Lakeland
Have you ever been looking for a home to buy and you just can't find the home that best fits your needs? Have you ever gone to an open house and loved almost everything about a house except one "deal breaker"? Have you ever looked for a home and there just wasn't any available that excited you? You are not alone. The experts at Focus Realty Group, KW Lakeland, have a sister company that can help! It's called Focus Homes. They design and build custom homes for people who can't find a resale home that they like and that would rather not buy a cookie-cutter production home.
The process of building a custom home project is a different to finding and purchasing an older, resale home. People will consider seven areas before building a home, they are:
- Home floor plans
- Home interior and exterior features
- Home sites and building lots
- The area where they want to build
- Communities and neighborhoods
- The builder and warranty
- Financing and construction-perm loan programs
Today we are discussing floor plans and how to use online resources to help you design the perfect, dream home.
Ideas to help you design the ideal floor plan from scratch
At Focus Homes all of the custom home projects are designed and built from scratch to the specific needs and desires of each family and customer. Sometimes people find it hard to "come up" with a floor plan starting with a blank sheet of paper. We completely understand. Here are some helpful hints to help you in the creative floor plan process:
- Think about and make a list of things that you currently enjoy about the home you are now living in, or homes where you have previously lived.
- What don't you like about your current homes, or other homes you have been in? What would you change or alter?
- What are some design elements you would really like to include in your new custom home?
- Why not search for floor plans online and collect different design elements from a number of different plans? You could find:
- A master bathroom from one plan
- A master bedroom or closet from another plan
- A nice kitchen design from one plan
- A great room and general bedroom layout from a different plan
- Some outdoor living designs from a plan or two
- You get the idea now, right?
When you collect a few design ideas together, things that you really like, the experts at Focus Homes will then help you take all of those elements and help you design your own, one-of-a-kind home that meets all of your needs. Sound good?
Floor plan resources
Here are some other online floor plan search tools for your convenience:
- http://www.weberdesigngroup.com (the cover photo came from here)
Get started on your own custom home project
If you are thinking about moving and building, definitely consider designing your custom home with Focus Homes, your local, hometown builder of choice. Start your home project today, call or text 863-640-2246, or contact us online now.