By Jared Weggeland
Focus Realty Group
KW Lakeland, FL
Lakeland and Polk County Florida residents have been very lucky with Hurricane Matthew. Things could have been much worse. Here are 5 online resources to help you and your family feel more prepared and safe when a hurricane are on the horizon.
- FEMA. https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes. This page explains what actions to take when you receive a hurricane watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service for your local area. It also provides tips on what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Bay News 9. http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/hurricane-center.html. This local news channel is an excellent resource to keep up to date on nearby storms.
- State of Florida. http://www.stateofflorida.com/articles/hurricane-preparedness-guide.aspx. The Essential Guide to Hurricane Preparedness.
- What to do before, during and after a hurricane
- Go Florida. http://goflorida.about.com/od/floridaweathe1/a/hurricane_safe.htm
- Direct Energy. https://www.directenergy.com/learning-center/weather-readiness/preparing-for-hurricane-before-during-after